"When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great, and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be." - Patanjali

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Shaving...

So after not shaving since the middle of Gujarat, I decided to let it all go, and that too, not by the blade of my trusty Mach 3, but a good ol' cut-throat around the corner from my new TV-less room in Pushkar.

And it's quite an experience. Not just a shave but a facial treatment. So I sit in the chair, and he asks me which shaving cream I want. For kicks I go for Old Spice! He starts lathering me, and keeps on going and going! In the time he took to properly foam me up, I would ordinarily have finished the entire shave.

That done, he starts shaving with the cut-throat and a new blade. Each movement of the cut-throat is like the wand of a conductor, organising, leading and creating an orchestra in the composition of the most beautiful symphony ever known. And that's what it is, a symphony.

Having completed the graceful tune, he returns for an encore, re-lathering me, and again running that wand over my face. It hurts like hell, cos I haven't shaved in a while, and the pores on my face have never faced the likes of this cut-throat.

Anyway, the barber, as though understanding my plight quickly moved on to the second part, the treatment phase. On my face, before I knew it, was 'Herbal Cool Cream'. He polished not only the region terrorised by cut-throat but my entire face. In doing this, I also got a hearty facial massage. The final touch was the after shave. Now I don't normally use the stuff so this was a bit of extravagance. When the Old Spice hit my face, I was like Maukauly (?) Kulkin from Home Alone. It stung but it was great!

So now i'm thinking of buying a cut-throat and some Old Spice...

4 comments:

Jigglypuff said...

lol...wow...ur ehaving a blast...tho u r starting to sound a lil more insaner (in a good way!)
for some reason, i get all ur msgs and u aint getting any of mine!! once i recharge this month...il call u and wel try sorting it out?! :)
keep having a blast...and i can see know why my bro keeps going on abt getting a shave in india :)
lots of luv
me

CK said...

Old Spice is the BOMB!!!!

Abhishek said...

hey, you should've told be long time b4.
Anyways, my blog is at : http://crossstyx.blogspot.com
Keep posting and I'll keep visiting !

Hrishi said...

Sorry dude, now that yuo know, I expect many incisive comments...

Btw folks, Abhishek is my cousin from Pune. CK, it was at his place that I stayed during your wedding...