"When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great, and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be." - Patanjali

Sunday, October 16, 2005

The trip

So the trip: Essentially, I'm going to India on Nov 20, for my sisters wedding, and in the process, decided to stay back for a few months to travel, and to do some sewa, on the Himalayan foothills.

I've always wanted to do something like this, and now is a better time than ever. I'm resigning from my job, putting Life on hold, to lead and create another world, during which I can be freer than normal, to explore the land and myself, to learn and - hopefully - teach.

I've been to many of the places to where I'll be going. I've seen the sights, revered the history, floated amogst the frageneces, and sat dazzled at the confusion. I've also been comfortablly lapping it up, the hand of parents not far away, their correcting gaze a safety net awaiting use...its without these that I wish to test myself, so see if I'm able to live and survive in, essentially, a foreign land.

I don't speak (any of) the languages well. I never went to school there - I have been a mere tourist. I know I will be taken advantage of, made a fool of, duped, but on the same token, I want to over come these. Or try and see where it takes me.

No comments: