"When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great, and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be." - Patanjali

Thursday, October 06, 2005

A picture tells a thousand words...

...or so the saying goes, but one that I trully believe in. Recently I updated some of my links and more than some reference sites where one can find different pics, of different things, in different places.

I began this visual festish through the SMH, at work in the mornings. Its one of the first things I open to when I get in. It fills me with imagination through the multitude of different images which then lead to different thoughts, giving a differnt perspective of what Its all about.


Then there was this afternoon. Time magazine had a thing on the top 100 internet sites, and one category belonged to blogs. So I checked it out, finding the best picture blog to be Chromasia. It blew me away. The pictures are amazing, and theres a new one each day. Check it out if you have the time...

About an hour ago, while browsing Lonely Planet, I came across their pic site, Lonely PLanet Images (it never struck me to think a trvael guide company may actually have pics of the attractions visted: duh!) Brilliant piece of work. The database for their pictures is second to none. Under a search for "India" alone, it came back with approximately 6000 pics...thats decent...and I wasn't waiting forever. Each picture comes with a brief discription, the photographer as well as the location. Well woth visiting.

So give your eyes a feast, and let your imagination wander...the best thing you'll do in some time...

No comments: